About Foothills Industries
Foothills Industries of McDowell County, Inc. is a manufacturing company located in Marion, North Carolina. As a Community Rehabilitation Program, we have been in operation since 1972.
The mission of Foothills Industries is to provide vocational and life-skills training and employment for persons with disabilities in order to maximize independence and employment, while providing quality products at competitive costs and on-time delivery to our customers.
Foothills Industries Quality Policy
Committed to providing opportunities for adults with disabilities by meeting customer and regulatory requirements through a process of continuous improvement.
- Quality Management System - ISO 13485: 2016 Registered for the following scope: Manufacturing, Assembly & Packaging of Medical Devices
- FDA Registration
- Recognized by the North Carolina Department of Labor as a Sharp Award recipient for outstanding efforts in accident prevention. FI is one of only (100) recipients of this award in North Carolina.
- 10 Year Award for SHARP
- CARF Accredited in Community Services: Community Services Coordination. Employment Services: Comprehensive Vocational Evaluation, Employee Development and Organizational Employment Services
Foothills has two separate programs that complement each other:
- Manufacturing/Sub-Contract Program — Foothills produces a variety of products within two manufacturing divisions: medical surgical drapes, and packaging/subassembly.
- Programs/Service Division — Foothills is a non-profit community rehabilitation program providing vocational training, job placement, employment opportunities and community opportunities to adults who have barriers to employment and community inclusion.